Instructional Support Team (IST)
The Instructional Support Team (IST) is a team facilitated by an IST Coordinator and includes parents, teachers, administrators, and other school personnel. The goal of the team is to address and assess the needs of struggling learners through specific goals, interventions, and progress monitoring.
The IST Process (In School Days)
- Day 1 - IST Coordinator receives referral form.
- Day 1 - 20 (20 school days) - An initial IST meeting is scheduled and the referring teacher will invite the parents/guardians.
- Day 20 - 50 (30 school days) - The IST meeting has occurred, interventions are implemented, and data is strategically collected to measure the student’s progress.
- Day 50 (approximately) - A follow-up meeting is held and the parents/guardians are invited. The team reviews the progress data and determines the appropriate course of action.
- Day 50 - 60 (10 school days) - The recommended course of action is pursued. This could be a referral for evaluation, or continuation in IST with new goals and/or interventions.
If you have questions regarding CCS Instructional Support Team, please contact the appropriate IST Coordinator listed below.