Arrival & Dismissal Videos (2019-2020)
Please access the links below to view arrival/dismissal route videos for your child’s/children’s building(s). For families dropping off/picking up at multiple buildings, please see the videos for combined routes.
150 Building Arrival/Dismissal Route Video
468/486 Building Arrival/Dismissal Route Video
500 Building Arrival/Dismissal Route Video
515 Building Arrival/Dismissal Route Video
535 Building Arrival/Dismissal Route Video
Combined Route Video: 150 Building and 500 Building
Combined Route Video: 468/486 Building and 500 Building
Combined Route Video: 515 Building and 535 Building
Two important notes regarding transportation for the 2019-2020 school year.
1. All vehicle traffic on campus during arrival and dismissal times must display the 2019-2020 building-specific vehicle placard. Traffic will be routed based on the color-coded vehicle placards. Families with children in multiple buildings must display a vehicle placard for each building. Vehicle placards are provided in the Summer Information Packet mailed to each student and are available from our Main Offices.
2. Bus information for the 2019-2020 school year will be sent to your home address directly from your home school district. This information typically arrives about 1 week prior to the start of school. Please note – changes to bus stops/routes take 2 weeks. If you’ve moved, please inform our Transportation Office ASAP. If you live in the West Chester, Coatesville or Downingtown school district and need to request a change in bus stops to accommodate your child care arrangements, the forms are available to the right under Resources. Please choose the correct child care form for your district. Districts require 2 weeks to process these requests. Please forward your completed form to our Transportation Office.[/three_fifth]
Bus transportation of charter school students is a complex matter, with responsibilities for the process being shared in compliance with the PA Charter School Law. Collegium has the responsibility of informing a student’s home school district that a student is enrolled in our school and needs a bus. The home school district has the responsibility of scheduling a bus for that student, informing parents of the bus schedule and providing the bus service. Most of the local home school districts “contract-out” bussing to local bus companies (Krapf’s, On the Go Kids, etc.) The bus company has the responsibility of following the bus route and schedule developed by the contracting school district. In accordance with the PA Charter School Law, buses are provided by a student’s home school district for those students whose home school district’s closest boundary is within 10 miles of Collegium.
School districts will not transport any students who do not live in their school district. Additionally, the Coatesville, Downingtown, and West Chester Area School Districts have informed CCS that, unless there is a family emergency or medical need, they do not allow students to ride on buses not assigned to a student The emergency or medical need must be documented by a signed parent note and authorized by the Principal. Collegium will review for approval and, if approved, provide a bus pass for the student to give to the bus driver.
So…who do you contact when there is a problem with your child’s bus?
– If the length of your child’s bus ride seems excessive or the bus is continually running late (or early), please contact your home school district’s transportation office. While CCS certainly sympathizes with these problems, we have no ability to effect change with your home school district on these issues. However, we do track the arrival of buses at CCS and do report consistent late arrivals in the a.m. and late pick-ups in the p.m. to the home school districts and bus companies.
– If you are waiting at the bus stop and the bus is not arriving and you are concerned, please do not call Collegium. Please call the bus company directly. The bus company can radio to your child’s bus, determine their location, and advise you of the bus’s anticipated arrival time. When calling the bus company, please make sure you are calling the correct company for your child’s bus route (the name is on your child’s bus) and that you know the bus number and the location of the stop.
– If you’re a new family and your child doesn’t have a bus route yet or you’ve moved and need a new bus, please contact our Transportation Office – they’ll make sure that your home school district has your information and is working on getting your child a bus.
Need transportation within your school district to a day care center or babysitter?
Please complete the Child Care Form for your home school district located under resources on the right and return to our Transportation Office.
Questions About Your Child's School Bus?
Please contact the bus company that provides your child’s bus:
- Krapf’s West Chester: 610-594-2664, Ext. 2375
- Krapf’s Downingtown & Coatesville: 610-942-2924, Press 1
- Krapf’s Great Valley: 610-917-8660, Press 1
- On the Go Kids: 610-873-7787
- Wolfington: 610-321-6601
- Norcross: 610-647-5485
Questions About Your Child's Bus Route?
- Coatesville Area School District Transportation: 610-466-2418
- Downingtown Area School District Transportation: 610-269-8460, ext. 6120
- West Chester Area School District Transportation: 484-266-1040, press 2
- Great Valley School District Transportation: 610-889-2133
- Owen J. Roberts School District Transportation: 610-469-5254
- Tredyffrin/Eastown School District Transportation: 610-240-1680
- Phoenixville School District Transportation: 484-927-5026
- Unionville/Chadds Ford District Transportation: 610-347-0804