Transportation For The 2023-2024 School Year
If your family needs transportation to Collegium for the 2023-2024 school year, and you reside in one of the below districts that provide transportation to Collegium, please complete a Transportation Request Form and then submit it to your home school district’s transportation office. Transportation requests must be renewed annually.
If you reside in Coatesville (CASD), Downingtown (DASD), Great Valley (GVSD), Owen J. Roberts (OJRSD), Phoenixville (PASD), Tredyffrin Easttown (TESD), or Unionville Chadds-Ford (UCFSD) your home school district requires all families (returning and new) to complete and submit a Transportation Request Form every year. Please submit your Transportation Request Form to your home school district’s Transportation Department. If you are printing your district’s form please be sure to send it to your district, do not send it to the CCS Transportation Department. You will not be scheduled for transportation if your completed form is not submitted to your home school district’s Transportation Department.
- CASD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (form)
- DASD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (on-line)
- GVSD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (form)
- OJRSD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (on-line)
- PASD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (form)
- TESD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (form)
- UCFSD Request for Transportation Form 2023-2024 (on-line)
West Chester (WCASD) also provides transportation to Collegium but does not require Transportation Request Forms for our Collegium families using their transportation, unless you need a daycare/alternate bus assignment (see below).
Transportation To/From Alternate Locations
Will your child need transportation to and/or from a daycare center, babysitter, or a different bus stop within the Coatesville, Downingtown, or West Chester Area School District? If so, you must complete a new Alternate Bus Request Form every school year to make those arrangements. Alternate bus arrangements do not carry over from one school year to the next. Please select from the forms below for the Coatesville, Downingtown or West Chester Area School District:
- CASD Alternate Bus Request Form 2023-2024 (form) – send to email@example.com
- DASD Alternate Bus Request 2023-2024 – follow link to register on the DASD website
- WCASD Alternate Bus Request Form 2023-2024 (form) – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your completed Alternate Bus Request Form to your district’s transportation office as soon as possible to ensure that your request is processed for the start of school. This form needs to be submitted in addition to the Transportation Request Form.
School District Notification Of 2023-2024 Transportation Details
About one week before school begins, your home school district’s transportation office will send you your child’s 2023-2024 bus stop information. Please note: CCS receives bus assignment information from area school districts then, as well. If you have questions about your child’s bus information, please contact your home school district’s transportation department directly.
Address and Bus Change Requests
All address changes must go through Collegium first, do not contact your district’s transportation department to request a bus, they will not make any updates or assign a new bus until they receive the new address notification from Collegium first. Please email email@example.com for additional information on how to update your address and receive a new bus assignment. After Friday, August 4, 2023, the transporting districts will not process bus change requests from Collegium or families until after the school year begins. It may take up to two (2) weeks for address change or alternate bus stop/sitter requests to be processed after the start of school. Until you receive a bus change confirmation you will need to make alternate transportation arrangements for your child.
Charter School Bus Transportation Overview
Bus transportation of charter school students is a complex matter, with responsibilities for the process being shared in compliance with the PA Charter School Law. Collegium has the responsibility of informing a student’s home school district that a student is enrolled in our school and needs a bus. The home school district has the responsibility of scheduling a bus for that student, informing parents of the bus schedule and providing the bus service. Most of the local home school districts “contract-out” bussing to local bus companies (Krapf’s, On the Go Kids, etc.) The bus company has the responsibility of following the bus route and schedule developed by the contracting school district. In accordance with the PA Charter School Law, buses are provided by a student’s home school district for those students whose home school district’s closest boundary is within 10 miles of Collegium.
School districts will not transport any students who do not live in their school district. Additionally, the Coatesville, Downingtown, and West Chester Area School Districts have informed CCS that, unless there is a family emergency or medical need, they do not allow students to ride on buses not assigned to a student The emergency or medical need must be documented by a signed parent note and authorized by the Principal. Collegium will review for approval and, if approved, provide a bus pass for the student to give to the bus driver.
So…who do you contact when there is a problem with your child’s bus?
– If the length of your child’s bus ride seems excessive or the bus is continually running late (or early), please contact your home school district’s transportation office. While CCS certainly sympathizes with these problems, we have no ability to effect change with your home school district on these issues. However, we do track the arrival of buses at CCS and do report consistent late arrivals in the a.m. and late pick-ups in the p.m. to the home school districts and bus companies.
– If you are waiting at the bus stop and the bus is not arriving and you are concerned, please do not call Collegium. Please call the bus company directly. The bus company can radio to your child’s bus, determine their location, and advise you of the bus’s anticipated arrival time. When calling the bus company, please make sure you are calling the correct company for your child’s bus route (the name is on your child’s bus) and that you know the bus number and the location of the stop.
Questions About Your Child's School Bus?
Please contact the bus company that provides your child’s bus:
- Krapf’s West Chester: 610-594-2664, Ext. 2375
- Krapf’s Downingtown & Coatesville: 610-942-2924, Press 1
- Krapf’s Great Valley: 610-917-8660, Press 1
- On the Go Kids: 610-873-7787
- Wolfington: 610-321-6601
- Norcross: 610-647-5485
- Gross School Bus Service: 610-469-0221
Questions About Your Child's Bus Route?
- Coatesville Area School District Transportation: 610-466-2418
- Downingtown Area School District Transportation: 610-269-8460, ext. 6120
- West Chester Area School District Transportation: 484-266-1040, press 2
- Great Valley School District Transportation: 610-889-2133
- Owen J. Roberts School District Transportation: 610-469-5254
- Tredyffrin/Eastown School District Transportation: 610-240-1680
- Phoenixville School District Transportation: 484-927-5026
- Unionville/Chadds Ford District Transportation: 610-347-0804