Transportation For The 2022-2023 School Year
If your family needs transportation to Collegium for the 2022-2023 school year, and you reside in one of the below districts that provide transportation to Collegium, please complete a Transportation Request Form and then submit it to your home school district’s transportation office. Transportation requests must be renewed annually.
If you reside in Coatesville (CASD), Downingtown (DASD), Great Valley (GVSD), Owen J. Roberts (OJRSD), Unionville Chadds-Ford (UCFSD) or Phoenixville (PASD), or Tredyffrin Easttown (TESD), your home school district requires all families (returning and new) to complete and submit a Transportation Request Form every year. Send your Transportation Request Form by the date listed on the form, directly to your home school district’s Transportation Department – do not send it to CCS Transportation Department. You will not be scheduled for transportation if your completed form is not submitted to your home school district’s Transportation Department.
- CASD Request for Transportation Form 2022-2023
- Formulario de Solicitud de Transporte de CASD 2022-2023
- DASD Request for Transportation Form 2022-2023
- GVSD Request for Transportation Form 2022-2023
- OJRSD Request for Transportation Form 2022-2023
- UCFSD Request for Transportation Form 2022-2023
- TESD Transportation Request Form 2022-2023
- PASD Transportation Request Form 2022-2023
West Chester (WCASD) also provides transportation to Collegium but does not require Transportation Request Forms for our Collegium families using their transportation.
Transportation To/From Alternate Locations
Will your child need transportation to and/or from a daycare center, babysitter, or a different bus stop within the Coatesville, Downingtown, or West Chester Area School District? If so, you must complete a new Alternate Bus Request Form every school year to make those arrangements. Alternate bus arrangements do not carry over from one school year to the next. Please select from the forms below for the Coatesville, Downingtown, or West Chester Area School District:
- CASD Alternate Bus Request Form 2022-2023 – email@example.com
- DASD Alternate Bus Request Form 2022-2023 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WCASD Alternate Bus Request Form 2022-2023 – email@example.com
Please email your completed Alternate Bus Request Form to your district’s transportation office as soon as possible to ensure that your request is processed for the start of school. This form needs to be submitted in addition to the Transportation Request Form.
School District Notification Of 2022-2023 Transportation Details
About one week before school begins, your home school district’s transportation office will send you your child’s 2022-2023 bus stop information. Please note: CCS receives bus stop information from area school districts then, as well. If you have questions about your child’s bus stop information, please contact your home school district’s transportation department directly.
Address and Bus Change Requests
All address changes must go through Collegium first, do not contact your district’s transportation department to request a bus, they will not make any updates or assign a new bus until they receive the new address notification from Collegium first. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on how to update your address. After Friday, August 5, 2022, the transporting districts will not process bus change requests from Collegium or families until after the school year begins. It may take up to two (2) weeks for address change or alternate bus stop/sitter requests to be processed after the start of school. Until you receive a bus change confirmation you will need to make alternate transportation arrangements for your child.
Campus Traffic Routes
All vehicle traffic on campus during arrival and dismissal times must display the 2022-2023 building-specific vehicle placard. Traffic will be routed based on the color-coded vehicle placards. Families with children in multiple buildings must display a vehicle placard for each building. Vehicle placards are provided to each family and are also available from our Main Offices.
Bus transportation of charter school students is a complex matter, with responsibilities for the process being shared in compliance with the PA Charter School Law. Collegium has the responsibility of informing a student’s home school district that a student is enrolled in our school and needs a bus. The home school district has the responsibility of scheduling a bus for that student, informing parents of the bus schedule and providing the bus service. Most of the local home school districts “contract-out” bussing to local bus companies (Krapf’s, On the Go Kids, etc.) The bus company has the responsibility of following the bus route and schedule developed by the contracting school district. In accordance with the PA Charter School Law, buses are provided by a student’s home school district for those students whose home school district’s closest boundary is within 10 miles of Collegium.
School districts will not transport any students who do not live in their school district. Additionally, the Coatesville, Downingtown, and West Chester Area School Districts have informed CCS that, unless there is a family emergency or medical need, they do not allow students to ride on buses not assigned to a student The emergency or medical need must be documented by a signed parent note and authorized by the Principal. Collegium will review for approval and, if approved, provide a bus pass for the student to give to the bus driver.
So…who do you contact when there is a problem with your child’s bus?
– If the length of your child’s bus ride seems excessive or the bus is continually running late (or early), please contact your home school district’s transportation office. While CCS certainly sympathizes with these problems, we have no ability to effect change with your home school district on these issues. However, we do track the arrival of buses at CCS and do report consistent late arrivals in the a.m. and late pick-ups in the p.m. to the home school districts and bus companies.
– If you are waiting at the bus stop and the bus is not arriving and you are concerned, please do not call Collegium. Please call the bus company directly. The bus company can radio to your child’s bus, determine their location, and advise you of the bus’s anticipated arrival time. When calling the bus company, please make sure you are calling the correct company for your child’s bus route (the name is on your child’s bus) and that you know the bus number and the location of the stop.
Need Transportation Within Your School District To A Daycare Center Or Babysitter?
Please complete the Child Care Form for your home school district located under resources on the right and email it directly to your home school district’s transportation office.
Questions About Your Child's School Bus?
Please contact the bus company that provides your child’s bus:
- Krapf’s West Chester: 610-594-2664, Ext. 2375
- Krapf’s Downingtown & Coatesville: 610-942-2924, Press 1
- Krapf’s Great Valley: 610-917-8660, Press 1
- On the Go Kids: 610-873-7787
- Wolfington: 610-321-6601
- Norcross: 610-647-5485
- Gross School Bus Service: 610-469-0221
Questions About Your Child's Bus Route?
- Coatesville Area School District Transportation: 610-466-2418
- Downingtown Area School District Transportation: 610-269-8460, ext. 6120
- West Chester Area School District Transportation: 484-266-1040, press 2
- Great Valley School District Transportation: 610-889-2133
- Owen J. Roberts School District Transportation: 610-469-5254
- Tredyffrin/Eastown School District Transportation: 610-240-1680
- Phoenixville School District Transportation: 484-927-5026
- Unionville/Chadds Ford District Transportation: 610-347-0804