Regarding Transportation For The 2021-2022 School Year
Bus transportation information for the following school districts is now visible to parents/guardians and children in Powerschool’s online Parent Portal. Note that the information is not visible using PowerSchool’s mobile app.
- Coatesville Area School District (CASD)
- Downingtown Area School District (DASD)
- Great Valley School District (GVSD)
- Owen J. Roberts School District (OJRSD)
- Phoenixville Area School District (PASD)
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District (TESD)*
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District (UCFSD)
- West Chester Area School District (WCASD)*
If you do not see transportation information for your child/ren within PowerSchool, it could be because your family’s 2021-2022 Transportation Request Form was not received by your home school district’s transportation department. The home school districts above require that all families (returning and new) complete and submit the Transportation Request Form every year. Transportation will not be scheduled for any student whose Transportation Request Form has not been received.
If you need to complete Transportation Request Forms for your children, here are the links to the Forms:
- CASD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
- DASD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
- GVSD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
- OJRSD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
- UCFSD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
- PASD Transportation Request Form (2021-2022)
*Please note: WCASD and TESD do not require Transportation Request Forms for our CCS families using their transportation.
Please send your Transportation Request Form directly to your home school district’s transportation office, as indicated on the form.
Questions regarding your child/ren’s bus transportation needs? Please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transportation To/From Alternate Locations
Will your child need transportation to and/or from a daycare center, babysitter, or a different bus stop within the Downingtown, West Chester, or Coatesville Area School District? If so, you must complete a new Child Care Form every school year to make those arrangements. Note that alternate bus arrangements do not carry over from one school year to the next. Please select from the Child Care Forms below for the Downingtown, West Chester, or Coatesville Area School District:
- Child Care Form Coatesville Area School District
- Child Care Form Downingtown Area School District
- Child Care Form West Chester Area School District
Please email your completed Child Care Form directly to your home school district’s transportation office – emails listed below:
- Coatesville Transportation Department email@example.com
- Downingtown Transportation Department firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Chester Transportation Department: email@example.com
School District Notification Of 2021-2022 Transportation Details
About one week before school begins, your home school district will send you your child’s 2021-2022 bus stop information. Please note: CCS receives bus stop information from area school districts then, as well. If you have questions about your child’s bus stop information, please contact your home school district’s transportation department directly.
Bus Change Requests
Bus information for the 2021-2022 school year will be sent to your home address directly from your home school district. This information typically arrives about 1 week prior to the start of school. Please note – changes to bus stops/routes take 2 weeks. If you’ve moved, please inform our Transportation Office ASAP.
After Friday, July 31, 2021, local school districts will not process bus change requests until after the school year begins. It may take up to two (2) weeks for requests to be processed. Until you receive bus change confirmation from your home school district, you will need to make alternate transportation arrangements for your child. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
Campus Traffic Routes
All vehicle traffic on campus during arrival and dismissal times must display the 2021-2022 building-specific vehicle placard. Traffic will be routed based on the color-coded vehicle placards. Families with children in multiple buildings must display a vehicle placard for each building. Vehicle placards are provided to each family and are also available from our Main Offices.
Bus transportation of charter school students is a complex matter, with responsibilities for the process being shared in compliance with the PA Charter School Law. Collegium has the responsibility of informing a student’s home school district that a student is enrolled in our school and needs a bus. The home school district has the responsibility of scheduling a bus for that student, informing parents of the bus schedule and providing the bus service. Most of the local home school districts “contract-out” bussing to local bus companies (Krapf’s, On the Go Kids, etc.) The bus company has the responsibility of following the bus route and schedule developed by the contracting school district. In accordance with the PA Charter School Law, buses are provided by a student’s home school district for those students whose home school district’s closest boundary is within 10 miles of Collegium.
School districts will not transport any students who do not live in their school district. Additionally, the Coatesville, Downingtown, and West Chester Area School Districts have informed CCS that, unless there is a family emergency or medical need, they do not allow students to ride on buses not assigned to a student The emergency or medical need must be documented by a signed parent note and authorized by the Principal. Collegium will review for approval and, if approved, provide a bus pass for the student to give to the bus driver.
So…who do you contact when there is a problem with your child’s bus?
– If the length of your child’s bus ride seems excessive or the bus is continually running late (or early), please contact your home school district’s transportation office. While CCS certainly sympathizes with these problems, we have no ability to effect change with your home school district on these issues. However, we do track the arrival of buses at CCS and do report consistent late arrivals in the a.m. and late pick-ups in the p.m. to the home school districts and bus companies.
– If you are waiting at the bus stop and the bus is not arriving and you are concerned, please do not call Collegium. Please call the bus company directly. The bus company can radio to your child’s bus, determine their location, and advise you of the bus’s anticipated arrival time. When calling the bus company, please make sure you are calling the correct company for your child’s bus route (the name is on your child’s bus) and that you know the bus number and the location of the stop.
– If you’re a new family and your child doesn’t have a bus route yet or you’ve moved and need a new bus, please contact our Transportation Office – they’ll make sure that your home school district has your information and is working on getting your child a bus.
Need Transportation Within Your School District To A Daycare Center Or Babysitter?
Please complete the Child Care Form for your home school district located under resources on the right and email it directly to your home school district’s transportation office.
Questions About Your Child's School Bus?
Please contact the bus company that provides your child’s bus:
- Krapf’s West Chester: 610-594-2664, Ext. 2375
- Krapf’s Downingtown & Coatesville: 610-942-2924, Press 1
- Krapf’s Great Valley: 610-917-8660, Press 1
- On the Go Kids: 610-873-7787
- Wolfington: 610-321-6601
- Norcross: 610-647-5485
- Gross School Bus Service: 610-469-0221
Questions About Your Child's Bus Route?
- Coatesville Area School District Transportation: 610-466-2418
- Downingtown Area School District Transportation: 610-269-8460, ext. 6120
- West Chester Area School District Transportation: 484-266-1040, press 2
- Great Valley School District Transportation: 610-889-2133
- Owen J. Roberts School District Transportation: 610-469-5254
- Tredyffrin/Eastown School District Transportation: 610-240-1680
- Phoenixville School District Transportation: 484-927-5026
- Unionville/Chadds Ford District Transportation: 610-347-0804