Regarding Transportation for the 2020-2021 School Year
CCS is doing everything we can to research and determine how best to plan for the start of our 2020-2021 school year. Given the unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re examining our two most probable scenarios. They are that our campus will be:
- Open with restrictions and/or guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Chester County Health Department. Restrictions would likely include social distancing, personal protection equipment, and other measures.
- Closed with a more robust and comprehensive online experience for our students and families.
If Collegium’s campus is open at the start of the 2020-2021 school year, we want to help you prepare and be aware of a new transportation requirement.
Required Transportation Request Forms
If you reside in the Coatesville (CASD), Downingtown (DASD), Great Valley (GVSD), Owen J. Roberts (OJRSD), or Phoenixville (PASD), your home school district requires all families (returning and new) to complete and submit a Transportation Request Form every year. You will not be scheduled for transportation if your completed form is not submitted to your home school district’s transportation department.
Access the link below for your home school district’s Transportation Request Form:
- CASD Transportation Request Form (2020-2021)
- DASD Transportation Request Form (2020-2021)
- GVSD Transportation Request Form (2020-2021)
- OJRSD Transportation Request Form (2020-2021)
- PASD Transportation Request Form (2020-2021)
To receive bus transportation for 2020-2021, send your Transportation Request Form directly to your home school district’s transportation department no later than Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Transportation To/From Alternate Locations
Will your child need transportation to and/or from a daycare center, babysitter, or a different bus stop within the Downingtown, West Chester, or Coatesville Area School District? If so, you must complete a new Child Care Form every school year to make those arrangements. Note that alternate bus arrangements do not carry over from one school year to the next. Please select from the Child Care Forms below for the Downingtown, West Chester, or Coatesville Area School District:
- Child Care Form Downingtown Area School District
- Child Care Form West Chester Area School District
- Child Care Form Coatesville Area School District
Please email your completed Child Care Form to Collegium’s Transportation Department using email@example.com by Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
School District Notification Of 2020-2021 Transportation Details
About one week before school begins, your home school district will send you your child’s 2020-2021 bus stop information. Please note: CCS receives bus stop information from area school districts then, as well. If you have questions about your child’s bus stop information, please contact your home school district’s transportation department directly.
Bus Change Requests
Bus information for the 2020-2021 school year will be sent to your home address directly from your home school district. This information typically arrives about 1 week prior to the start of school. Please note – changes to bus stops/routes take 2 weeks. If you’ve moved, please inform our Transportation Office ASAP.
After Friday, July 31, 2020, local school districts will not process bus change requests until after the school year begins. It may take up to two (2) weeks for requests to be processed. Until you receive bus change confirmation from your home school district, you will need to make alternate transportation arrangements for your child. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
Campus Traffic Routes
All vehicle traffic on campus during arrival and dismissal times must display the 2020-2021 building-specific vehicle placard. Traffic will be routed based on the color-coded vehicle placards. Families with children in multiple buildings must display a vehicle placard for each building. Vehicle placards are provided in the Summer Mailing sent to each family and are also available from our Main Offices.
Bus transportation of charter school students is a complex matter, with responsibilities for the process being shared in compliance with the PA Charter School Law. Collegium has the responsibility of informing a student’s home school district that a student is enrolled in our school and needs a bus. The home school district has the responsibility of scheduling a bus for that student, informing parents of the bus schedule and providing the bus service. Most of the local home school districts “contract-out” bussing to local bus companies (Krapf’s, On the Go Kids, etc.) The bus company has the responsibility of following the bus route and schedule developed by the contracting school district. In accordance with the PA Charter School Law, buses are provided by a student’s home school district for those students whose home school district’s closest boundary is within 10 miles of Collegium.
School districts will not transport any students who do not live in their school district. Additionally, the Coatesville, Downingtown, and West Chester Area School Districts have informed CCS that, unless there is a family emergency or medical need, they do not allow students to ride on buses not assigned to a student The emergency or medical need must be documented by a signed parent note and authorized by the Principal. Collegium will review for approval and, if approved, provide a bus pass for the student to give to the bus driver.
So…who do you contact when there is a problem with your child’s bus?
– If the length of your child’s bus ride seems excessive or the bus is continually running late (or early), please contact your home school district’s transportation office. While CCS certainly sympathizes with these problems, we have no ability to effect change with your home school district on these issues. However, we do track the arrival of buses at CCS and do report consistent late arrivals in the a.m. and late pick-ups in the p.m. to the home school districts and bus companies.
– If you are waiting at the bus stop and the bus is not arriving and you are concerned, please do not call Collegium. Please call the bus company directly. The bus company can radio to your child’s bus, determine their location, and advise you of the bus’s anticipated arrival time. When calling the bus company, please make sure you are calling the correct company for your child’s bus route (the name is on your child’s bus) and that you know the bus number and the location of the stop.
– If you’re a new family and your child doesn’t have a bus route yet or you’ve moved and need a new bus, please contact our Transportation Office – they’ll make sure that your home school district has your information and is working on getting your child a bus.
Need transportation within your school district to a day care center or babysitter?
Please complete the Child Care Form for your home school district located under resources on the right and return to our Transportation Office.
Questions About Your Child's School Bus?
Please contact the bus company that provides your child’s bus:
- Krapf’s West Chester: 610-594-2664, Ext. 2375
- Krapf’s Downingtown & Coatesville: 610-942-2924, Press 1
- Krapf’s Great Valley: 610-917-8660, Press 1
- On the Go Kids: 610-873-7787
- Wolfington: 610-321-6601
- Norcross: 610-647-5485
- Gross School Bus Service: 610-469-0221
Questions About Your Child's Bus Route?
- Coatesville Area School District Transportation: 610-466-2418
- Downingtown Area School District Transportation: 610-269-8460, ext. 6120
- West Chester Area School District Transportation: 484-266-1040, press 2
- Great Valley School District Transportation: 610-889-2133
- Owen J. Roberts School District Transportation: 610-469-5254
- Tredyffrin/Eastown School District Transportation: 610-240-1680
- Phoenixville School District Transportation: 484-927-5026
- Unionville/Chadds Ford District Transportation: 610-347-0804